Poverty 101 Training with Dr. Donna Beegle
Thursday, Sept. 25, 2013
Do you work with the public in Snohomish County?
- Develop an awareness of the historical and structural causes of poverty, as well as the conditions that trap individuals within its grasp
- Understand how to develop a welcoming climate for individuals from poverty backgrounds
- Understand the barriers perceived by people in poverty when dealing
with those who are in positions of authority or assistance
- Understand how to implement changes in communication that will
- Discuss ways to motivate and provide meaningful incentives to those
from poverty backgrounds
- Understand how to connect and mentor in meaningful ways
Explain how to frame goals from the perspective of children/youth
and families from poverty
When and Where
Thursday, Sept. 26
9 am. - 3:30 p.m.
Everett Station's Weyerhauser Room
3201 Smith Ave., Everett, WA
Registration is now closed, as the event is full. See you on Sept. 26!
For general questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425.374.5530.